Friday, April 08, 2005

Short note of thanksgiving

Rain came today and we are so thankful. In other news, a new missionary
arrived today, Benjamin. He is a 28 year old veterinarian from the USA. We
are glad for a young face and he will be eating meals with us while we are
here, sharing our cook. I am sure you will be hearing more about him as
time goes on.

I have also been told by my language helper that I am to stop paying for
lessons. I guess I am progressing pretty fast and we have become good
friends so she won't take any payment. We are just going to meet and chat
and have fun together. I find this remarkable since she struggles to feed
and send her 4 kids to school. She is rare in this part of Africa. Many
others you get to know, the more you know them the more they ask for.
Anyway, my heart has been cheered this week.

As well, many of my citrus grafts have been successful and are growing
quickly. THis is exciting especially since when Tim, former ECHO intern,
was here he grafted citrus and only one was succesful and has taken 2 years
to grow 3 leaves. Grafted trees also sell for 3 times as much as those from
seed. Goodnews for the project.

Better go for now, Ange
Oh yeah, the dog, Coco, is alive and well and growing.
Please note that this address sends and receives e-mail via a satellite
phone connection. All e-mails over 25 kb will be returned to sender
unopened. Sorry for the inconvenience. For more updates on the Bosses,
please log onto http://thebosses.blogspot.com