Friday, March 13, 2009

The Beauty of CAR

Last summer I received an e-mail from a gentleman in Poland. After reading our blog he wrote about his desire to travel there. He had a keen interest in the CAR and had a lot of questions about traveling logistics and safety. This spring, after many e-mails back and forth, he wrote to say that he had had a wonderful time in CAR and can see why the people and place is firmly rooted in our hearts. While I may have a knack for writing, my new Polish friend has the wonderful gift of photography. I just viewed his on-line gallery of photos and was compelled to share the link with you. It is well worth the 10 or 15 minutes it takes to view them all.

He travelled all the same paths we have and I recognize many of the Ba'aka women in his pictures from Bayanga. His route from Kentzou to Gamboula (our home town) up to Berberati, through Nola and on to Bayanga is one that we are very familiar with and it brought a smile to my face to see how other people view the places that I love.

You can find his gallery at: http://joasia.blogs.com/photos/republika_srodkowej_afryk/index.html

Enjoy the adventure.