Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Quick Update from Kenya

I have found time to write a brief note after returning from two days out visiting projects with the Masai near the Ngong Hills. Benoit was eager to learn about their culture and their struggles with drought and floods that had wiped out more than 80% of their cattle. As we drove down the road we could see skeletons of animals long dead from the drought. I drank a lot of goat's milk tea and ate my share of roasted goat, along with Benoit's help. We learned a lot from the projects we visited and have a lot more to think about now for our own project, CEFA, back in CAR.

We are heading out to Narok tomorrow, and will be back in Nairobi for two more nights after that. I have not had an inch of excercise in weeks but look forward to getting into the garden once I reach Gamboula.

From the road,
Angela