Friday, January 04, 2008

Yaounde

Vicki and I have arrived safe and sound in Yaounde. We were met by our good friend Benoit and ferried direct to the guesthouse where we are staying until Sunday. I really don't like Yaounde. It is a big city (which I am adverse to in the best of countries) and I look forward to getting to CAR as soon as possible. I admire the folks who live and work here. It would not be my first choice that is for sure.

I ventured out early this morning looking for sugar and milk and some phone credit. Had to give Darren a call. Hearing his reassuring voice gives me courage for the journey. Vicki is well and had a good nights sleep which is more than I can say for myself. I think I slept one hour. Can't wait for a siesta today. We have internet today and then again on Sunday.

My sango is coming back quickly as I have been visiting with Benoit and his family. Maybe tomorrow we will venture into town a little. Got to get my courage up for that.

Ange